It’s official: I am three-quarters an engineer! It feels great to be done the term.
What wacky weather we have been having. Not only has it been unseasonably cold, today the winds were gusting like crazy!
It may not be high winds compared to some of the southern states, but up here 94km/hr is very gusty. So instead of venturing out into the wild winds I decided to stay inside and use the Wii Sports Active for an intense 25 minute workout.
Here’s a quick run down on the Wii Active 2 incase you haven’t heard of it:
- You wrap an arm band around your left arm which has a sensor and heart rate monitor
- You wrap another sensor band around your right thigh
- You choose a fitness program, and follow the instructions
Things I like about Wii Active 2:
- Tracks your heart rate during your workout so that you can push your self
- Allows you to learn new exercises without having to look them up on the computer
- Encourages you to do a proper warm up, cool down, and stretch during exercise programs
- You can do it in my pyjamas
- You can log on to a website after and view details on your last workout
- Sometimes the sensors don’t pick up your movement, and you end up having to do extra repetitions
- You have to clear a large enough space in front of the TV. You don’t want to be doing a lunge into the couch
- There is a lot of wasted time waiting for the ‘instructor’ to tell you what to do, or waiting for the exercise to load
- Unlike going to the gym or a class, there is no social aspect to it. You are alone in your house.
The other thing that gets me excited: The Royal Wedding. I can’t believe how fast the 31 days have past since March 29th when I posted about the wedding being a month away.
Have you ever used a gaming console such as Wii, Playstation, or Xbox for workout programs?