I know I was impressed with my first Alligator Stew (ie. green monster), but this version had twice as much volume, and twice as much tastiness.
Unfortunately with the extra volume it didn’t fit in my Magic Bullet. Meaning this bad boy was also twice as torturous to make, and made twice as much mess.
As a result of extra frothy-ness and volume I had to make it in two parts, then mix it together. The magic bullet wouldn’t bullet (ie. blend) anything because it was so thick and frothy! Grrrr… I definitely need to find a better blender!
I finally managed to find Xanthan Gum. Wow, this stuff was expensive! But definitely worth it!
- Added 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 3/4 cup unsweetened almond breeze, one massive spinach handful. BLEND
- Added 1/4 of silken tofu package (I saw this on Emma’s blog, and really wanted to try it!), lot of ice chunks, heaping 5ml of Xanthan Gum BLEND
- Added another massive spinach handful (probably a cup), frozen strawberries, and frozen cranberries. BLEND
- I had to separate out the frozen berries, blend them, then pour them on top of the spinach protein powder mix. And manually hand stir
- Topped with puffed kamut, and drizzle with runny PB2 and sugar free maple syrup